This is the first place I stopped - I'm just getting Ideas

These are some of the things any salesperson dreads to hear:

This is the first place I stopped.

I'm just getting ideas.

Just driving different cars to see what I like.

I just started looking.

I won't be doing anything until next month.

etc...

If you believe any of these you are being sold by the customer and you won't be selling anything yourself.


There is a reason that your dealership is the first place they stopped! 

They may like your car the best. They may be just saying that because they don't want you to try and sell them.

DON'T EVER FORGET: Nobody likes to be sold.

Also see: Who's selling and who's buying?




Don't worry one bit when you hear that, it's likely not true, you even could have an easy sale, but if you treat that customer differently and don't give it 100% because you think they may not buy, you'll have nothing. The real salesperson down the street will have a sale.  

On a busy Saturday most salespeople would dread a customer coming in, first thing in the morning, saying that they had just started looking and this was the first place they stopped. What's even worse is if they say they want to drive a long list of vehicles before making a decision, and would not be doing anything today. You won't dread these customers -- you'll use the Baker's Dozen for Relationship Selling and have a sale!

Just assume the sale and you'll have the sale. 


This is a lesson in assuming the sale, in the situation described above it would be hard to assume the sale wouldn't it? Well, this is an easy sale and you need to make sure you believe it from the start.

Never take shortcuts


Of course most salespeople would shortcut the process drive a few cars and get rid of this seemingly time consuming customer, thinking they can't afford to spend time with them. The opposite is true, you can't afford to take one little shortcut with this customer.

There are no exceptions, there is never a time you can take shortcuts. The difference between top producers and the rest is: They make these difficult sales and never take shortcuts.




Don't worry, they already want to buy your car - You'll sell it!


Here's the good news: The customer usually stops first to look at the car they think they will like the most, so there is a good chance yours is they one the want so you have to sell it, the dealership and yourself.

I sell these customers all the time because I assume the sale, I don't think for one minute they are not going to buy from me that day before looking at the other vehicles. I invest my time in them, I take it slow, use the Baker's Dozen for Relationship Selling and make a sale! You can and will as well. You will sell them now, today.

Always assume the sale no matter how many cards it seems you have stacked against you. If you assume the sale you're already half way there.

To sell your car: Build the value sky in your vehicle, your dealership and yourself. You don't need to knock of even talk about the other vehicles, just sell yours.

Affiliate advertisement

Most sales will be made after the 5th closing attempt, and most salespeople only know one close!


Look — If you keep doing what you're doing now then you can't expect different or better results. The key to fatter paychecks is preparing yourself with intelligent comebacks. Imagine if you knew EXACTLY what to say when you heard stuff like this:
  • I'm not interested.
  • I'm too busy right now. It's not a priority.
  • Just email me some info and I'll keep it on file.
  • The price is too high / We don't have the budget.
  • I need to wait / I need to think about it. Call me in six months.
  • I need to talk to my VP, partner, boss, wife, etc.
  • We're currently using another supplier and we're happy.
  • It won't work for us. We don't need it.
  • We've had a bad experience with this type of thing.
  • You're too small / never heard of you.
  • You're just trying to sell me ...
  • I like the idea, but I need you to tell me I'm making the right decision.



Get yourself a copy of my Baker's Dozen for Relationship Selling!





Are you new to selling, struggling in sales,or just want to sell more? 

These are the essential secrets to selling and the first things a beginner in sales needs to learn. If you always do these things — you will succeed!

After mastering the Baker's Dozen for Relationship Selling, you’ll close more sales with higher gross and build lasting relationships with your customers that will result in a lifetime of repeat and referral business!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show them the Buffet - Sell them the car they didn't know they wanted!